This is a list of (and links to) key documents for drug education for England.
Advisory Group on Drug and Alcohol Education
- Drug Education; an entitlement for all – the report of the Advisory Group on Drug and Alcohol Education
- Government Response to the Advisory Group on Drug and Alcohol Eductionÿ
- Effective Drug Education Survey – Drug Education Forumÿ
- Drugs and Alcohol Education Report – Parentline Plus
- Drug Advice for Schools – DfE and ACPO advice to schools on managing drug incidents and developing a drug policy.
- Drugs; Guidance for the Youth Service – a document produced by DrugScope and Alcohol Concern for those working in informal education settings.
- Drugs: Guidance for Further Education Institutions – a DrugScope document.
- Smoking, Drinking and Drug Use Among Young People in England – an annual government survey of pupils between 11 and 15 year olds.
- Drug Education in Schools – 2005 report evaluating the quality of drug education programmes observed in schools.
- Healthy Schools Healthy Children? – an evaluation of the contribution of education to pupils’ health and well-being.
- PSHE in Schools – an evaluation of subject specific inspections of schools provision of PSHE education.
- ‘Reducing demand, restricting supply, building recovery: supporting people to live a drug-free life’ – the government’s drug strategy
- Pathways to Problems: Hazardous use of tobacco, alcohol and other drugs by young people in the UK and its implications for policy – the 2006 report by the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs.
- Prevention and Evaluation Resource – evidence-based prevention principles, planning rules and evaluation tips.
Drug Education Forum Members
Association of Chief Police Officers
Associationÿof School and College Leaders
Association of Teachers and Lecturers
Children?s Safety Education Foundation
Drug Education Practitioners Forum
National Health Education Group
NSCoPSE-ÿ the National PSE Association